Hundreds of options in a variety of different indices and sectors around the world make deciding which “perfect” ETF to invest in as we begin 2018 a daunting task.
In this article, I’m going to highlight the 10 top ETF performers of 2017 in terms of capital inflows as a starting point for passive investors to consider the most sought after options traded on the TSX.
Rank Symbol ETF Name
1) ZNC BMO S&P/TSX Capped Composite Index ETF
2) ZAG BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF
3) XIC iShares Core S&P/TSX Capped Composite
4) ZJK BMO High Yield U.S. Corporate Bond
5) XUU iShares Core S&P U.S. Total Market Index ETF
6) XEC iShares Core MSCI EAFE IMI Index ETF
7) ZEA BMO MSCI EAFE Index ETF
8) ZSP BMO S&P 500 Index ETF
9) HXT Horizon S&P/TSX 60 Index ETF
10) ZWE BMO Europe High Dividend Covered Call CAD-H
As investors will notice in the above list, Bank of Montreal (TSX:BMO)(NYSE:BMO) and iShares are over-represented on the list, due in part to the amount of institutional money which tends to flow into ETFs run by these two firms.
This list provides investors with a broad range of options across asset classes and geography, providing a decent portfolio for beginner investors looking to get started in passively investing savings.
Invest wisely, my friends.